Thursday, January 7, 2010

Dogfish Head Punkin Ale







We tried Dogfish Head's Punkin Ale as part of a beer tasting extravaganza to celebrate my (Laura's) birthday, way back in November.

I'm not going to lie, we tasted way too many beers for me to remember anything about it. We wrote our rankings down on the envelope to a birthday card I had gotten. I can tell you it was yellow and I took it over to Beth's house when Kat and JM were here. That is all I know.

I can say with certainty that Punkin was delicious. Not HOW delicious, but at least vaguely delicious.

Since I am useless, let me tell you about the information I found on the Dogfish Head site.

"A full-bodied brown ale with smooth hints of pumpkin and brown sugar. We brew our Punkin Ale with pumpkin meat, organic brown sugar and spices. This is the perfect beer to warm-up with, as the season cools."

They also have some awesome links to the Punkin Chukin that the beer is named after and the Discovery Channel videos of it.

I could go on plagarizing things from the Punkin Ale site, or I can just post this message from the maker of Dogfish head.
Enjoy:



They claim the following, and we couldn't agree more:

Food Pairing Recommendations: Turkey, roasted duck, lamb, stuffing, dessert dumplings (we had Laura's Taco Soup and more beer)
Glassware Recommendation: Pint (We put ours in the freezer, as you can see above)
Tasting Notes: Malty, pumpkin, caramel, brown sugar (I guess that must be why we like it!)


We will get back to you on rankings when we find our notes (or more Punkin Ale to retaste).

3 comments:

Nick said...

I can atest though. Dogfish is pretty good. I wouldn't say its my fav by far, but I wouldn't pass it up either. I'd give it a 6 in 1-10

Anonymous said...

but which dogfish, there are sooo many i havent even tried. or you know... heard of before this.

Kat said...

I like Dogfish generally, but you can't buy a six-pack of it in Wyoming for less than $12. And that's lame.